PDA

View Full Version : problem with connection

dreamlynx
03-14-2006, 03:28 PM
everytime i try to connect to a mysql in dreamweaver i get a error that says: php serve dosen't have the MySql modue loaded. any idea how to fix. please don't say google this. I have and there is no clear answer from any of these people. I always give clear answers.

Creative Insanity
03-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Is this a local server or hoster issue?

Creative Insanity
03-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Is this a local server or hoster issue?

If it is local, check that you have allowed Net access to DW.
If it is remote do the same and also make sure that you have the mysql user, password and database correct in the rs creation window.

This is a nightmare problem and you are not the first to have it and you proberly will not be the last. The reason you cannot find an answer is that I am sure that there is no clear cut answer to why DW does this.

The best way to fix is to troubleshoot.. (on local server) make sure that php is installed correctly and that the phpinfo() gives the correct responce. Once you have that up and running sweet your next step is to install phpmyadmin and see if you can get that accessing the mysql server and if you cannot then you have found your problem. If you can get it to work ok and you can create databases etc then the problem is DW.
How to fix this is like anyones guess. I would start myself with making sure that the site is created in DW correctly and the remote and testing server fields are filled out correctly. If that does not do the trick then uninstall the sucker and also make sure you remove the folder dreamweaver xx from C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Macromedia. Then reinstall. If this does not fix the problem I would go out and kill someone.. DW does have that effect on me many times. LOL