PDA

View Full Version : Animated gif background

tlsgraphics
03-14-2006, 03:38 AM
I saved this animated gif with a transparent background.
Why does it show up white?
How do I make the backgroung transparent?
Thanks for your suggestions,
TLS

http://www.tlsgraphics.net/AnimateBoat.htm

tlsgraphics
03-14-2006, 04:21 AM
I was trying to make the gif (Boat) backgroung transparent.
I figured it out.

Thank you for checking,

TLS

http://www.tlsgraphics.net/Cabin05.htm

chriskq
03-14-2006, 07:44 AM
no offence mate. but thats pretty random about the boat (and the lady bugs)... and it doesnt look that great (very pixel-ly around the crns... use the wand better - lol)

One thing i will praise you for is how you made a border around the photos (the raised part) - Can i ask how u did that
cheers

Creative Insanity
03-14-2006, 08:50 AM
That is very easy chris.

1. create a selection of the image and then create a new layer.
2. stroke the selection with the size border you want with the inside selected with a mid grey.
3. Bevel Embose layer effect to the size you want it to raise.
4. Change the opacity to around (at a guess) 60%.

tlsgraphics
03-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Chriska
This was my very first attempt at creating an animated gif.
Cutting the boat out of a picture was not an easy task. This wasn't done with just a wand. I had to use a laso and an eraser. If your going to point out faults to someones work, please be sure to add suggestions for improvement.
Note: I did the frames in Fireworks.
1. Open image 2. Select the plus sign in the lower right corner of the property window. 3. Select Bevel & Emboss 4. Select Inner Bevel 5. The rest is personal options.

chriskq
03-15-2006, 03:26 AM
alright - my bad.
Can i ask why you would want the animated gif floating around then? - just for looks yea?... maybe look around into usign a miscellanous javascript to achieve something similar (eg: the boat could follow your cursor around - kno wat i mean?)

Creative Insanity
03-15-2006, 06:07 AM
tg to fix your jaggies (remember I use PS here) take a selection of your image (on a transparent bg) and the go select -> Modify -> Contact and set to a px setting of 1px.
Then inverse the selection and then we, filter -> blur -> gaussian blur at a setting of 1 - 1.5px.
Now when you save for the web make the matt colour (for light pages) #e0e0e0 (dark pages) #373737. That should remove the jaggies rather alot.

d a v e
03-15-2006, 02:01 PM
i n fireworks you can also use the pen tool to make a white vector mask: draw the shape with the pen tool, tweak it with the subselection tool (white arrow) and the select bitmap and vector shape and choose Modify > mask > group as mask (prior to fw 8/mx 2004 i think the mask needed to be black to show 100%)