PDA

View Full Version : Send WYSIWYG content to Database using ASP!

ramek
03-13-2006, 03:08 PM
I want to implement a WYSIWYG editor where you can submit the contents to a Database! I have the WYSIWYG editor, but how do I send the contents to a Database Field!

Thanks

davidj
03-13-2006, 03:18 PM
you need to understand the INSERT UPDATE functions that dreamweaver has built in
there are tutorials for this in DW help which you need to follow

also you need to set your field to either TEXT or BLOB in your database

mar0364
03-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Keep in mind if you put HTML into a database field your not going to be able to use that field in searches. Its really a good idea not to place HTML in database. Try thinking it completely through and doing your HTML in an HTML page where it will always play nice with everything else.

My2cents.

ramek
03-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks! I won't be using these fields for search anyway! I will give it a go and see if works! I will keep you posted!

davidj
03-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Its really a good idea not to place HTML in database.

I disagree

its not hard to strip html out of a search query which would just leave the key words if you wanted to search that way

I have done this a few times

mar0364
03-14-2006, 02:46 PM
That is true for someone with you knowledge and skill. Most folks making posts don't have that. I'm guessing the person that started this post has not reached that level yet.

Rich

davidj
03-15-2006, 09:22 AM
its not a case of "I know how to do allot morethat makes these things easy"

its a case of "i need to do this so lets work out how to do it"

i cant report back to my software director and say "i cant give what the client wants because its too hard to do"
I have to learn how to do it or i end up claiming benefits from the social.

Its just an attitude thing...

mar0364
03-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Its just an attitude thing...

You've been on this forum along time I respect that. You really shouldn't show your rear to people when they are discussing things in a professional manner.

Moderator: if it is your will remove my membership. I'm a customed to dealing with professional adults.

Creative Insanity
03-15-2006, 04:41 PM
mar0364 why would we want to remove your membership? I don't think that will happen. All are welcome here to voice their opinion.

davidj
03-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Moderator: if it is your will remove my membership. I'm a customed to dealing with professional adults

i dont remove anyones membership unless your a spammer

and i cant remember showing my rear (although it is quite pert and firm for someone of my age)

your missing the point

when i said it was easy i really mean its easy. I dont expect anyone to know this first time round but its like riding a bike. How easy is riding a bike but imposible when you first get on it. (i am not refering to a bike called susan i once knew)

Just need someone to show you the way. (the easy way)

sheeesh... people are so sensitive....

additional...

when i say easy I use it to instill an air of confidence to who ever i say it to. They go away thinking its an easy task and learn how to do it and 9/10 times it is easier than they think it is

If i was to say its very hard to every one on here regarding every question then i dont think that is a possitive attitude and it is a very false statement which leads me into why i used the word Attitude.

I do agree with the adult proffessional bit though as CI will confirm :shock: