PDA

View Full Version : newbie, html problem

rossco100
03-12-2006, 05:16 PM
I have been working creating a website and at the minute am working on a Database Driven Username and Password Validation. When i goto open up my add_user.asp page through any browser it would prefare to Open or Save the file ( if i do choose open it opens in Dreamweaver as opposed to my browser. I know this is probably a really silly problem but im stuck.
All help greatly appreciated
thanks

gmcrone
03-13-2006, 01:26 PM
To be able to actually use ASP on your home computer you must have a windows server installed on it. A free one comes with XP Pro (IIS)

Mike,,,

dthomsen8
03-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I have been working creating a website and at the minute am working on a Database Driven Username and Password Validation. When i goto open up my add_user.asp page through any browser it would prefare to Open or Save the file ( if i do choose open it opens in Dreamweaver as opposed to my browser. I know this is probably a really silly problem but im stuck.
All help greatly appreciated
thanks

You may find that posting your website with a web hosting company is another way to work, or you may consider PHP instead of ASP as a tool to accomplish what you want to do.

I did a web site with an initial page to capture a userid, email address and whether the user was a buyer or seller, in MySQL, along with making a decision about what content to offer, and I found that development at the web hosting company worked just fine for me. Of course, you may find the public entering your site before you are ready for them, but there are ways to avoid that, too.