PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! tables or frames?

quiffboy
03-09-2006, 12:47 PM
hi, i am pretty new to dreamweaver and i am trying to create a website much like

www.worldgolf.com

i want it to work in a similar kind of way and have the same layout with easily changeable information/article boxes - and also i am hoping to put adverts in just like in this website.

can anyone help me in telling me is it better to use tables to create the website or frames?

thanks!

domedia
03-09-2006, 01:38 PM
It's never better to use frames.

dthomsen8
03-09-2006, 02:30 PM
hi, i am pretty new to dreamweaver and i am trying to create a website much like

www.worldgolf.com

i want it to work in a similar kind of way and have the same layout with easily changeable information/article boxes - and also i am hoping to put adverts in just like in this website.

can anyone help me in telling me is it better to use tables to create the website or frames?

thanks!

This golf site is a large, professionally done site. Domedia is quite right, tables are preferred to frames by most professionals today, but you should be considering Cascading Style Sheets.

Let us know when you have a sample of your work on the web.

Creative Insanity
03-09-2006, 07:59 PM
FRAMES!!! AAAAGGGGHhhhhh! *runs away waving his hands in the air* LOL

domedia
03-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Frames and tables are not even comparable, they're 2 different things. Most frames websites use tables..

Frames is used when you want bring seperate html documents into one by using a master frameset html page.
HTLM Tables are for displaying tabular data, but has been mostly used for laying out adesign.

quiffboy
03-13-2006, 05:45 PM
thanks guys,

ill let you know when i do get something online and your thoughts would be appreciated