PDA

View Full Version : background of a cell in ie

meerah
03-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Hello,
how do I have to specify or target backgrounds of the cells to show it correctly in ie ? It works fine in firefox, but in explorer shows just solid white background... ??

www.meerahmax.cz

Thanks in advance

davidj
03-06-2006, 12:00 PM
use css and a class

.cell {
background-color: #006699;
}

<td class="cell"></td>

meerah
03-06-2006, 01:01 PM
I think that explorer does not handle iframes with no (transparent) background..that might be the problem ... how to use some inline style to make the iframe background transparent ??? I am not sure about the scripting...
Can I set then cell to have 50%alpha transparency ? I want the cell to have borders and background but to partially reveal the backgound of the page?
CHeers so far for your help..really appreciate it

dthomsen8
03-06-2006, 01:28 PM
I think that explorer does not handle iframes with no (transparent) background..that might be the problem ... how to use some inline style to make the iframe background transparent ??? I am not sure about the scripting...
Can I set then cell to have 50%alpha transparency ? I want the cell to have borders and background but to partially reveal the backgound of the page?
CHeers so far for your help..really appreciate it

<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
background-image: url(PipesElements.jpg);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
}
-->
</style></head>
<BODY STYLE="background-color:transparent">

You have above styling in the <head> and again in the <body>. I would expect that to be in only one place, probably the <head> section. Perhaps another forum member knows whether I am right about this.

Also, you definitely should have <title> text on every page, as part of your efforts to inform your users, and also for the search engines.

Please use code tags when posting code

meerah
03-06-2006, 03:45 PM
If I use background in iframe...when I load some content in it the background dissappears..guessing I have to put that background then into every single .html which I would like to view in the iframe....
what I am simply searching for is a coding for inline styles to 1, make the iframe background transparent in explorer to show the content, BUT on the background of the cell (in which iframe is placed)
2. make the first iframes background transparent AND the cell background half transparent to reveal partially background of the site

Cheers for attention so far

dthomsen8
03-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Elsewhere you ask why your site is different in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

The reason is that different browsers go about interpreting HTML in different ways, and with varying degrees of sucess. Firefox generally does a better job than Microsoft. I am told that Opera trys to reproduce the bugs in IE, which is a strange approach. Netscape yet again a different browser.

You might try changing the code I mentioned above. The different browsers might well look at styles specified in two different places differently. That is why am answering you here. Good luck.

I printed out screen captures of your home page in both Firefox and IE, and I cannot see any difference. Is there still a difference? If so, where?

Perhaps you might post a screen capture of the area that is different.

meerah
03-07-2006, 08:31 PM
that is because I had already resolved these problems ... last problem remaining how to do a half transparent cell to make it partially reveal the background of the site