PDA

View Full Version : VTM request

03-06-2006, 12:28 AM
i was wondering if you guys could make a quick VTM of using a photoshop sliced template and how you insert everything in dreamweaver... ive seen the template vtm.. but thats not what im talking about.... im talking about like creating your tables inserting the images... do you insert the images one by one?

chriskq
03-06-2006, 12:47 AM
depends on how you want to code your site.
Have you had no experience working with divs and css in html?
If not using tables would deff be the go as its easier (esp in dreamweaver). I have to slice up photoshop images when im making an html emailer and hand code its tables (but not using colspan, just all trs ) - which is now very pointless with what you can do with divs, but needs to be done that way wen making a page thats going to be sent as an emailer.
sorry for getting sidetracked. anyways what stage are u at with coding?

03-06-2006, 12:52 AM
complete beginner with everything

chriskq
03-06-2006, 02:51 AM
so pretty much try out the idea of inserting images one by one.
Ill give u a easy basic guide to getting started:
1. create a table many coloums wide (at least 6)and 8 rows high using the insert table function. You can easily merge cells together by highlighting the 2 cells u want - right click > merge cell.
2. Insert ur images. (adding a height="x" and width="x") to each image.

3.... errr i dont kno where else to go from here..... Do u want a example you can work off?

03-06-2006, 03:17 AM
yes :P

Creative Insanity
03-06-2006, 05:28 AM
There is already a vtm on slicing a template with PS and another on how to get it to dw.
Click the logo and then click vtm on the left panel.

03-06-2006, 04:29 PM
there's one on how to put it in dreamweaver? wich one is that? i seen the one with using templates.... is that the one you're talking about? becuase that's not what i was looking for :cry:

Creative Insanity
03-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Principal is exactly the same as that template one.. just that you add it to a page rather than a template.
So what are you wanting to know?