PDA

View Full Version : CSS not rendering correctly

D7
03-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Hello Gang!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post! :D

The problem only occurs in FireFox (and not IE). The easiest way to explain it is to just show you.

LINKS REMOVED

Now, notice on the left-hand side: the news column. See where is says Feb 24: ... In the first link, there is a margin on the right hand side. In the second link it is not there.

Now the ONLY difference between the two pages is the error message that is displayed. The left-hand column is populated by <?php include("new.htm"); ?> So everypage should be the same!

And notice the 3rd link: where is says, "February 15:" the description is 3 lines instead of 2 like in the other links.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Thanks.
D7

Creative Insanity
03-05-2006, 07:44 PM
On the 2nd link there is no form and that is exactly the same page I get when clicking on the form button without entering any data. So maybe the wrong page is linking here?

Other than that I can see nothing wrong on FF 1.5

D7
03-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Actually is does it in IE too (sorry about that).

Okay try this.

LINK 1 REMOVED (*)
LINK 2 REMOVED (#)

Look at the left hand column where is say "February 15". In the first link it looks like this:

February 15: Domain.com
is launched. Website features
Flash, XML, and PHP.

2nd link:

February 15:
Domain.com is
launched. Website features
Flash, XML, and PHP.

Does that make sense? Do you have any clue why?

I'm using FF 1.0.7 and IE 6.0.29. It displays that way in both.

Creative Insanity
03-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Honestly I cannot see any problems in either IE6 and FF1.5 (suggest you update FF).
The site looks really nice, and where did you get that player? did you make that? Love it and would look nice for my tracks. (http://creative.audio.webthings.org)
:mrgreen:

D7
03-05-2006, 09:17 PM
yeah i made it.....so THANK YOU! for the compliment! :) It took me quite a while as I suck at Photoshop. You got all the funcitonality there in your MP3 player you just need to make the graphics "sexier" :mrgreen:

As for the CSS problem, That is weird that you can't see the problem. Hm.....I'm stumped. The html is EXACTLY the same as far as I can see. The only thing that ever changes is the right hand side. The left hand column is dynamic so it is always the same.

Thanks CI for all of your time and help! It is much appreciated. If anyone else has an opinion I'd love to hear it!

Thanks to everyone who look at this thread!

Cheers.

Creative Insanity
03-06-2006, 12:31 AM
What I see in FF is:

D7
03-06-2006, 12:44 AM
A picture is worth a 1000 words :)

See if this clears it up. (BTW you are showing the same problem too :cry: )

D7
03-06-2006, 07:18 PM
The table was changing its dimension, due to cellpadding.

Thanks for all the help.!

Creative Insanity
03-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Never saw that LOL. Yeah remove the padding.,. I normaly use spacing rather than padding.