PDA

View Full Version : Newbie at Dream-weaver

starflower
03-04-2006, 11:21 PM
I've only recently started using dream-weaver but I remember seeing someone on a website once make a little star hop around the page & then when you clicked on it, it'd take you to another webpage.

I'm coding a newsletter for April's Fool & would like to have little balls bouncing around leading to different section of the newspaper. Is this at all possible? Any help would be MUCHLY helpful.

Thanks.
:D

domedia
03-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the forums star :)
Do you have the website address for the site that had this?

starflower
03-06-2006, 01:29 PM
YAH.

I'm glad someone replied. I'm a member of the Lord of the Rings Plaza... www.lotrplaza.com and I am co-editor of the "plaza paper" with two other fantastic girls.

The last two newsletters that us three have been working on can be found here:

http://www.lotrplaza.com/newsletter/

The one I want the little star's or things to bounce around is not uploaded yet - we only upload it a day before the publishing date.

Can you help, please? :oops: :shock:

domedia
03-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Star, I actually think tyhis script will work for you, but it's Internet Explorer only:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/bounceimage2.htm

Follow the instructions carefully, you'll see this line:
//A value of "dismiss" will dismiss it, while a URL will cause the browser to navigate to it
var imageclick="dismiss"

Change "dismiss" to "http://www.yourdomain.com/yourlandingpage.html"

There's 5 points you need to look at, all lined up in the code, so it should be pretty straight forward.

I'm a big Tolkien fan myself for 20 years.

domedia
03-06-2006, 03:38 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/butterfly.htm this might work as well

starflower
03-06-2006, 06:09 PM
OMG. You are GOD sent.

I am offically in love with you. :D Thank you sooo much, do you have MSN or YIM so I can IM you if I have any further problems or shall I just post here?

Thank you so much, again, wow... yah, I am overjoyed. Thanks!

Oh, you should join the plaza if you are interested. It's tonnns of fun and just say Star Flower sent you ;)

domedia
03-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Glad it helped you :)
Using this forum is the best way to talk about/get help with DW, there's plenty of members here that know more than I do.

You can also use the PM system (look at the button labeled 'PM' under each post), to send members messages, but make sure all help questions go in the forum 8)

starflower
03-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks Dom, thats great. I'll be back, I'm sure. :lol:

starflower
03-19-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm baaack!

I got the image to work, well, at least to float around (I'm using the butterfly script) but i keep on getting two little "x-boxes" flying around instead of the gif I want to use.

Help? :shock:

starflower
03-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Never mind, lol.

Just worked it out. :oops:

Creative Insanity
03-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Image location was wrong.. correct? hehe

starflower
03-19-2006, 06:19 PM
*shuffles feet*

Correct. I'm feeling very stupid at the moment. LOL.

Creative Insanity
03-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Now stop shuffling your feet.. you are knocking all the power plugs out LOL.

I think we have all made that mistake atleast once.. I know I did when I first started out.

starflower
03-20-2006, 08:26 AM
So there is still hope for me yet? Yuppie!

davidj
03-20-2006, 10:51 AM
I know I did when I first started out

which was last week!

Creative Insanity
03-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Huh? who let the bloody managment in here. Can you people keep the damn door closed next time.. LOL

starflower
04-02-2006, 11:36 PM
LMao, finally finished this silly edition, was gonna put it up to preview :P but after being shy i decided not to. XD
I know it's not GREAT but I think I did an OK job and I decided to leave the floating pictures for another time :oops:

starflower
04-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Point of my post was to thank everyone for helping me :)

domedia
04-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey glad we could help! :)