PDA

View Full Version : How to define a clickable area

JV
03-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi, I need some help, please, I am a professional photographer from Barcelona who decided at last to learn dreamweaver and flash, and I am having a good time with the couple of tutorial books I am ending by now, and theese days I am hardly trying to make my own site. My very first webpage!

So, this is it: with a small program for making flash movies easily, called koolmoves (told you I was a beginner), I did some nice text and graphics effects, and then saved my work as a flash movie, adding it to my new empty, black background .html file just made in dreamweaver. The page works OK when opened. It's an upper logo with two blinking flags from different countries below, to choose a languaje and go to one of two webpages.

The question is ┐How can I define a clickable area below each blinking flag?
The flags are now just part of a flash movie, and shake and change shape all the time (but remain in the same place), I mean they are not simple images now. When I planned my page, I thought it would be very easy to define clickable areas because of their absolut position, but when I try to use pasted content to make it clickable, dreamweaver certainly allows me to paste it over the movie, but in the end it just never shows, because of the neverending movie that shows first, and only.

Finally: I think there must be a way to make a precise zone clickable, even DURING the flash movie. All I need is a couple of invisible buttons during the flash movie. I would like to conceive my work this way if possible: Designing a visual page first, with all the content, and then second, in the background, or transparent and over the visually attractive page, defining as clickable the areas of my interest. I thank everyone's ideas.

JV

webhed
03-04-2006, 01:48 AM
Why not just put a text link underneath each flag?
english (english.htm)

or use a small image and link it up

If you want the flash items to be clickable, you need to do that in flash.

maybe post a link to the your page to view

JV
03-04-2006, 02:54 AM
Well, thanks for your answer. I just don't know how to do any of the things that you recommend, because the year I started with both programs is 2006!

Here I send you my file, and maybe that way you consider one option as the best. I do not want text, color or anything else until a click. I did not do the flash movie in flash, because I do not know the program that well yet, so I made it in another program. Besides, I could not know how to write code to make the flags clickable in dreamweaver. I could not make the movie in flash either.

But please, there must be a way, and once I learn how to do it this way, I will work freely. Thanks a lot.

JV

domedia
03-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Hi JV, opening links are *very* basic function of dreamweaver. hit F1 inside DW and read the opening tutorials on how to use the software :)

webhed
03-04-2006, 03:16 AM
absolutely, that is the most basic of basics.

You really need to go through the tutorials
and read a little more.

JV
03-04-2006, 03:38 AM
I know basic operations in dreamweaver. Already made basic pages. Finished macromedia's book getting started, and I know about usual links, and already read the chapter on links in macromedia's book using dreamweaver.

Tell me where in a tutorial I can see an invisible link during a movie and not coming from the moment of making the movie.

Thank you.