PDA

View Full Version : probably a very easy question...but not for me.. :(

snowboarder
03-02-2006, 08:20 AM
hi there everyone..

first of all I am very glad that i found this forum. i hope i will learn a lot using this site. I am very new at webpage designing. I just started with dreamweaver 4. It is a very good software. I dont know html, but probably I will start to learn it. Anyway I am making my first website and I am a bit stucked.
My problem is that I have one page with many many different paragraphs. But I would like to make it easier for the reader. I would like to make a kind of table of contents on the top of the page, so when the reader wants to read about only one paragraph which he is interested in... he should click on the paragraph and the the website should automatically scroll or jump down to that particular section.
I really dont have a clue how to do it (what tags to use)?

Please could you help me with this one...and explain me detailed how to do it???

Thanx a lot in advance!

Creative Insanity
03-02-2006, 08:26 AM
This was covered last night.. do a searh for anchor.

snowboarder
03-02-2006, 08:28 AM
ohh...anchor is the right word for it.

thanks a lot... and sorry for repeated posting!

Creative Insanity
03-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Naa that is cool.. you were not to know.
This is the post here:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2221

snowboarder
03-02-2006, 08:44 AM
thanks a lot...

found it allready...and guess what... it works! :))

thanks a lot!

anyway i wanna make a form on my site with combo boxes... but unfortunatelly the "PHP and E-mail Forms" tutorial is just to tough to me..:((( and on that tutorial i dont see any combo box..:((

i'll try to find a tutorial for very beginners on that one...if you guys saw one..please let me know..

thanx a lot!