PDA

View Full Version : Messed Up Bad

dedelus
03-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Hello,

I am relatively new to dreamweaver having played with it here and there. I have bought a great template and worked it in dreamweaver. It turned out great! I went to upload it to my webhosting account and had a problem with a few of the files as I have put spaces in the name.

Everything loaded great accept those files. I renamed and tried again, same problem. I figured out I had to change the source for those files. I did and tried to upload again this time none of my graphics were loading.

I was on and off the phone with webhosting support but they won't give me tech support for dreamweaver. Through playing around with my webhosting files I realised it was the file structure that was the problem. I opened dreamweaver and moved some of the files into other folders like into the root folder and moved the image and html folder etc.

Now I have messed up the whole site and it doesn't load properly in dreamweaver. Is there anyway I can fix this or do I have to start all over again? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

ramandeep
03-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi,
Post a link to your website so that we can see the problem.

Creative Insanity
03-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Ok, first and foremost make sure none of your files have the URL starting with
file:///c:/
Now if you want your images in a image directory then place them there.Create an image folder in DW itself and move your files into that folder, also in dw and this will update all the link locations for you.. make sure you say yes when DW prompts if you want to update the links.
So this should give you a link like for your images:
images/file.gif

dedelus
03-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the tips. This is the website url http://clickblitzmedia.com I uploaded my old site through a simple site builder. So you could see the problem I was having I took down the old site and uploaded the dreamweaver site. Thanks so much I really appreciate it.

Creative Insanity
03-02-2006, 02:07 AM
here is your problem:
HTML/images/separator.gif"
remove the HTML/ from the image location and also do not upload the lickBlitzDream folder, just it's contents and folders but not the lickBlitzDream folder itself.

dedelus
03-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the help. I have tried moving the file structure back the way it was in dreamweaver but still no images are loading.

I have a feeling that I will have to do this site all over again..:( it was a good learning experience though and your tips will come in handy for the next time I am ready to upload. Thanks again.