PDA

View Full Version : linking to the same page

rachp61
03-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Hello all ,
I am new to Dreamweaver , althought I have been in the prepress/digital graphic layout for almost 20 years. My company has been kind enough to let me take on a project of making the company web site . Although I have took some courses in web layout and design this is a huge challenge for me.
I do have a question that I am not sure how to find the answer to and maybe someone here on this forum can help me with. I have a page that I am working with and I would like to know how to make the page scroll to the bottom, instead of making a link and when you click on that link it takes you to the next page , this will take you to the lower part of the SAME page. Does anyone know the answer or can someone tell me where to go to read up on this. thanks so much !!!!

ramandeep
03-01-2006, 02:45 PM
You can do this with Anchors in DW
(Study the working from dreamweaver help)

Insert a Anchor where you want the control of your page to go
Go to Insert- Named Anchor

To link to anchor
Select the text or image to which you want to assign the link and then from property inspector point to the anchor.
it should be like this #(name of your anchor)

rachp61
03-01-2006, 06:21 PM
thanks so much for your help. I will check out how to work with anchors.
have a great day, you guys are awesome and a lifesaver here !
:)

Creative Insanity
03-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Just remember to place your cursor in design view where you want the anchor and when you name it (lets just say for this you called it policies) you link would look like this:

Our Policy (#policies)
and your achor will look like this:
<a name="policies"></a>