PDA

View Full Version : Unordered/Ordered lists not lining up properly

nofx1728
03-01-2006, 01:41 AM
In an earlier message I wrote about how divs where being automatically added to my page when I tried to create lists. To get around this I created a class in my css file titled #mainlist #mainlist {
text-align:left;
text-indent:8%;
}

This solved my problem if all the text can fit on one line. However, as soon as the text goes to the second line it starts before the bullet or number. I would like my top line and any line that follows it to be lined up together. For example, if I have an ordered list and 1. has three lines of text... I want all three lines to begin in the same spot. Meaning the second line would start where the h in has starts. Attached is a jpeg of a screenshot of the problem I'm having. You may be able to view my site at http://home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-nofx1728 but bellsouth was acting up a few minutes ago, so I don't know if anything will display for you. If you know how to fix this problem, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

nofx1728

domedia
03-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Are you making a [list=1] list?
Your website is down, can you paste your code in here.

HTML Lists will act how you want it to by default, so the only way it's acting differently is if you're not using HTML Lists or you've set a value for list-style-position which you should delete.