View Full Version : explorer and half transparent background in cells

meerah
02-27-2006, 04:02 PM
http://xperimental.wz.cz
I viewed that in explorer and it seems to be ignoring the iframe background
Thanks for help

ramandeep
02-27-2006, 04:26 PM
first of all your site is really slow it takes ages to load.
Are you trying to use a transparent background for your iframe?

Creative Insanity
02-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Slow is not the word I would use.. it is redicualous.
I have a broadband connection and waited like 2 minutes and still no header.
Gave up waiting.
I see you are using png files.. IE does not read png correctly, change images to gif.

domedia
02-27-2006, 04:35 PM
I can testify to that. My connection at work is pretty darn good (we provide other business with bandwidth), and after 200 seconds I closed the browser window, you site still had not loaded.

You must talk to your hosting company about this -or- change host. Noone will be able to see your website.

Actually, if you enter our html contest (see link in my signature), you might get a good hosting account for free :)

meerah
02-28-2006, 07:03 AM
The problem might be that this site is provided for free..this might be the reason for such a slow speed..I twont be finally placed here, its just for testing purposes.... Well, concerning the images ..the header itself has about 65 kb and the images altogether have about 110 kb...is it to much ? I converted all images to gif but experience huge quality loss how do you handle with .gif ????
I went through this site and wanted to ask wether anybody has experience with this http://redvip.homelinux.net/varios/explorer-png-en.html
How to perform such operation on iframe background when other parameters than source of background are not supported ?

domedia
02-28-2006, 01:16 PM
The problem might be that this site is provided for free..this might be the reason for such a slow speed..I twont be finally placed here, its just for testing purposes.... Well, concerning the images ..the header itself has about 65 kb and the images altogether have about 110 kb...is it to much ? I converted all images to gif but experience huge quality loss how do you handle with .gif ????
I went through this site and wanted to ask wether anybody has experience with this http://redvip.homelinux.net/varios/explorer-png-en.html
How to perform such operation on iframe background when other parameters than source of background are not supported ?

It's not the size of the images that is your problem, it's your host.

-For testing purposes your host is useless. None of us can go to your website. Wihtout seeing your website I can't give you advice.
-'Free' does not mean ''useless', there's free hosts, and cheap hosts where you can see someones website without a problem

meerah
02-28-2006, 04:43 PM
I had just payed for my new domain...but it will be working no sooner than tomorrow... Than I can clerly show my problem ..
I have one more question ..yes I am using transparent png as a background for my iframes .. the problem is when I want to use image maps links placed in the iframes and rollover images...
But for now I have one question ... I would probably got rid of that pngs if there exist some other way how to produce really smooth gradient edges of my iframes.. ..i cant use just jpeg or whatever cause I wanted to be the by edges enclosed area ghalf transparent to be able to see through the background of the page..but the problem is that converted to gif the result is not so smooth...

Creative Insanity
02-28-2006, 04:43 PM
About your iframe bgs.. make sure that all the files that you are loading into the iframe have the bg as well. If they do not then the bg will not show.

meerah
03-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi, i have changed my hosting for my testing purpose site . I hope it is achieveable by now..
www.meerahmax.cz
Has anybody got any experience with alpha image filter for pngs.. ?? When you view my page in explorer after adding that filter explorer seem to be handling pngsa with transparency as a normal ones ...Does anyone know how to incorporate the alpha from the pngs ??
Second q : I there a better way how to deal with simple shades with transparency ?? I did not reach using .gif such a gradient smoothness as with png.??
Thanks

davidj
03-03-2006, 09:16 AM
how big is that background png.

it takes ages