PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

word
02-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi I have recently bought dream weaver 8 so I can update my website myself. My website was created along time ago but I got the username and password to access the site. But being that I have not a clue where to start I was wandering if their is any free info on how I can do this. I am not even sure how to access my site right now but am really interested in learning could someone point me in the right direction? It would be greatly apreciated.

Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question.

ramandeep
02-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi,
The username/password given to you, i believe must be for your FTP access to the website. Thats the access to the the server where your website files are kept.
Regarding the new updations in your website please post a link to your website so that we can give our views on it.

domedia
02-22-2006, 07:56 PM
But being that I have not a clue where to start I was wandering if their is any free info on how I can do this.
There's no stupid questions :)
For the complete beginner I would start with the manual, it will take you through all the basics, explaining the work area, setting up your site in dreamweaver etc.

As fart as you username and password goes, this is explained in the manual as well :)
(I hate manuals as well, but macromedia made a really good one for DW)

word
02-22-2006, 07:57 PM
the web site is http://www.wordsherrill.com/ I need too add our listing and do certain maintanence like that.

word
02-22-2006, 07:59 PM
I bought the student dw8 and all that it came with was the CD nothing else is that normal? Is there somewhere I can find the manual?

Creative Insanity
02-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Open DW and press F1. It is in the program itself.