PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP!!!!! Swap image probs

Ricky55
02-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Alright all?

Working on a site see link

http://www.spenvalleykitchens.co.uk/doors_ashby.html

All I want is the buttons down the left hand side to remain on until the next button is pressed.

The buttons were created using a navigation bar and the main images swap using the swap image behaviour.

I hope I'm misssing something really easy here but any will be most welcome!!!

Thanks

davidj
02-22-2006, 10:57 AM
first of all may i say you have a really nice site there. I like it
very clean and proffesional looking (you should enter our competition)

but WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY DID YOU SPOIL IT? by putting a daft disable right click in there?
its childish so please get rid of it. You have a good, well designed site there so dont spoil it with kinder suprise's.

(i cracked it in 0.5 of a second by the way)

in answer to your question you need to set a down image in your nav bar function

Ricky55
02-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks mate for your help thats worked a treat.

Thanks also for your comments, much appreciated. This is only my third site so I do appreciate it.

With regards to the right click. I know what you mean but the client has asked me to do this and they're the ones paying.

By the way in the template that all these pages are built upon the code that disables the right click is greyed out, how do I remove it now??

Thanks again

Ricky55

dthomsen8
02-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Your graphics are great, the design is good, but why do you hide where the SVK company is located? Only one page has the address, and that is not the home page or the entry page.

Incidentally, while some people like an entry page, many users dislike them.

davidj
02-22-2006, 12:45 PM
With regards to the right click. I know what you mean but the client has asked me to do this and they're the ones paying

if its the client thats requesting this then i ask what are they trying to protect? code?... no coz i got that to resolve your problem. Images?... why would any one want to steal an image of a handle? I got those aswell by the way

domedia
02-22-2006, 01:47 PM
With regards to the right click. I know what you mean but the client has asked me to do this and they're the ones paying.
Face this same dilemma all the time. I try really hard to convince the client otherwise, but if they insist, they're the ones paying..

Personally I always leave websites like that. Impossible to right click to open pages in new windows/tabs, plus alltheother stuff I have in my right click menu. It's most of the time a hint that the site belongs on geocities and not on it's own domain :-/

domedia
02-22-2006, 01:49 PM
AAll I want is the buttons down the left hand side to remain on until the next button is pressed.
Ricky, it works for that for me in FF.
Did you get it fixed?

Ricky55
02-22-2006, 02:38 PM
yep it works a treat.

What about the greyed out code in dreamweaver, why does it do this? I can't delete it. Is this something to do with the template that I'm using???

Right click issue, I know it doesn't protect the code its to protect the images. This is a site to be used by other companies not consumers. So they may want to steel an image of an handle.

I know for you guys its easy to get by but for some people who can only just use the web (i.e. the people who are likely to use the site) it isn't.

Believe it or not I've met plenty of people who don't know how to save images when the right click is disabled.

Anyway it doesn't offend me that much lets it get it in context.

Thanks for your help by the way.

domedia
02-22-2006, 03:54 PM
You should probably look into the manual again on templates ;)
Some areas can only be edited in the template, while others are page specific.