PDA

View Full Version : User Profiles

gregfindley.com
02-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi domedia,

Nothing major, but on my browser when I click on a users name to see their profile (within a topic) it doesn't take me to the profile, not sure if it is/was meant to? As when you click on a name at the top for users online it does

Greg

davidj
02-22-2006, 09:36 AM
yes
you get a big fat javascript error as well!
i think its been discussed before

the New Zealand Ninja knows about this im sure

Creative Insanity
02-22-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't get no java error.

Now let me explain this again.

When you view the main index of the forum you can click on a member name and that will take you to their profile.
When you view inside a forum there are no links for member names.
When you click on a members name inside a topic it will print that members name in bold into your reply. Now why you ask?
It is because we have installed a SE friendly mod which make indexing for SEs easier and some of the un-needed links were removed or changed to make the SE index better.
Now if I need to explain this again I will fall on my ninja sword. LOL

davidj
02-23-2006, 07:36 AM
When you view inside a forum there are no links for member names.

when you read this post and click my user name above the avitar do you not get a javascript error? Not an in-your-face alert but in the bottom left corner in IE i get an ERROR ON THE PAGE indicator. When i click on this i get an error dialog which states CANT MOVE FOCUS TO THE CONTROL BECAUSE ITS INVISIBLE

i WILL HOLD THE SWORD FOR YOU COZ THATS THE KIND OF GUY I AM

domedia
02-23-2006, 12:53 PM
CI, is it possible to undo the part of the mod that has to do with the username link?

Creative Insanity
03-03-2006, 07:56 AM
at the moment I can do noithing as I no longer have the access for some reason.

Puddinlover
04-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Hmmi just tryed to veiw davidj profile by clicking on name on a forums it dosnt do anything for me. It dosnt go any were.