PDA

View Full Version : background question

GeeksUnite
02-22-2006, 03:47 AM
ok first of all my website is apollojournal.com any comments will be welcome, be honest, i dont mind, it is just an early built after all.
i have lets say home.htlm on DW, now a picture is inside the layout, so when i add a background it doesn't change all of it, because the pictures are inside this white box.
i want to know if it could work like photoshop or fireworks, where i have a different layer for the background, and then i have the other pictures.
Note: all of my pictures are background free.

domedia
02-22-2006, 02:56 PM
now a picture is inside the layout, so when i add a background it doesn't change all of it, because the pictures are inside this white box.
Geeksunite, trying to figure out what you mean by this.. Is the white are you see part of the image?

Creative Insanity
02-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Sounds like the image was given a white bg when it was created.
Load the image into a graphic program such as PS and remove the bg colour and then save it as a transparent gif with a matt colour close to what you are using for your sites bg image.

GeeksUnite
02-23-2006, 03:22 AM
I've made the pictures in PS, and trust me they have no background, the problem is when i create the draw layout cell, it gives a white background to my pictures.

GeeksUnite
02-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Ok, i think ive realized the problem,
how does one save an image without a background because when i do it on photoshop i have no background but it seems that jpegs get them by default or something, please i need some one to tell me how to put images in the website without bacground

evismaniac
02-23-2006, 11:29 AM
I think someone mentioned the answer above bud!

Save the image as a transparent GIF, not a JPEG, then the background will be transparent on your site when it is inserted.

!

GeeksUnite
02-23-2006, 04:58 PM
I think someone mentioned the answer above bud!

Save the image as a transparent GIF, not a JPEG, then the background will be transparent on your site when it is inserted.

!
yeah gif is the way to go