PDA

View Full Version : Linking flash movie

jewels06
02-21-2006, 10:44 PM
I have inserted a flash element into a dreamweaver doc and now want to link the flash movie to a pop-up window when you click on it.

It is not possible to use the "Open Browser Window" in behaviours, and there does not seem to be any options for what I want to do in the property inspector either.

So I gather that the only thing left is some java script?

I need a solution urgently so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jewels

Creative Insanity
02-21-2006, 11:18 PM
any links from a swf file HAVE to be added into the fla file in flash itself.

jewels06
02-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Now that you say it, I think I have done it like that before. Memory blank!!
Thanks for your help!

Creative Insanity
02-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Memory blank!!
I get those all the time LOL

domedia
02-22-2006, 01:07 AM
jewels, to open a pop-up window from a swf file, you need to insert a javascript command where the url normally goes. This will work together with a javascript you have to insert on your html page (in the head area)

In Flash, use the GetURL actionscript, and paste this in (with your modifications), where the url normally would go:
javascript:openNewWindow('test.html','thewin', 'height=200,width=250,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no')

Just replace 'test.html with the name of your file (the file that should pop up), and mdofi any of the other parameters, they should be self explanatory :)

On the html file where you insert your swf file, you need to use this javascript in the head section:
<script language="JavaScript">
function openNewWindow(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures) { newWindow=window.open(URLtoOpen, windowName, windowFeatures); }
</script>