PDA

View Full Version : Best Printer for Desktop publishing

ramandeep
02-21-2006, 08:14 PM
I need the suggestions from the experts about the best laser printer for desktop publishing.
which one is the best, cost effective and reliable printer?

Creative Insanity
02-21-2006, 10:22 PM
I would say Kyocera myself. The comsumables are very cheap and with it's dark percentage is excellent and with that set at 70% you still get a good quality print and save on the toner at the same time.
If you are talking colour then I would say Cannon. Epson and HP in my books have gone to the pack and their printers are cheap and junky and the consumables cost an arm and a leg.

ramandeep
02-22-2006, 10:03 AM
CI, give me particular models Mate !
when it comes to printers, i get many different views and that makes me very difficult to decide.

Would appreciate models numbers!

dthomsen8
02-22-2006, 01:14 PM
I need the suggestions from the experts about the best laser printer for desktop publishing.
which one is the best, cost effective and reliable printer?

The older HP laser jet printers are very reliable, readily available used, and very good quality printers. The older ones have many metal parts, making them heavy, but reliable. The newer ones are not so good.

My HP LaserJet4 Plus just keeps plugging along. The company that repaired the printer when I first bought it supplies refilled ink cartridges at a reasonable price, and they guarantee to repair the printer free if the cartridge causes any problem.

I am not an expert on printers, however.

Creative Insanity
02-22-2006, 05:02 PM
With the Kyoceras ram I am talking laser and in my books all the models are good and you really only need to pick a model that suits what you want to do.
I have worked with many of them in networks I have setup and they seem to just tuck in nicely wether the network is MS or Novell.
So just pick the model that would suit what you want in the way of speed etc, but they are all good printers with small printing costs compared to MANY other printer brands.

ramandeep
02-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanx CI,
Will have a look at all of its models .
Cheers!

gmcrone
02-23-2006, 04:42 PM
You didn't mention if you wanted colour or not.
Is this for a production publishing or for draft work.

If you want colour & production work, take a look at the Xerox 8500

Mike...

ramandeep
02-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi Mike,
No for the rough draft work we use HP deskjets

I am looking for a coloured laser for publishing work, quality is the main concern and time/quantity are not the main concern.

gmcrone
02-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Definitetly take a look at Xerox then.
Phaser solid color printer, 85,000 pages per month

http://www.office.xerox.com/perl-bin/product.pl?product=8500_8550

Mike...

domedia
02-23-2006, 05:12 PM
I had a xerox phaser with solid ink a few years ago.
I thought it was amazing..

ramandeep
02-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanx Mike and Dom, valuable suggestions .