PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Active Armour and wamp install

desertdirk
02-19-2006, 03:12 PM
OK
I have built a new rig with an Nvidia Nforce4 chipset that has a harware firewall. The interface is active armour and it installs Apache web server to run the interface. I want to set up a WAMP but not sure if I need to configure the existing Apache intall or should/can I install a second instance of Apache. The installation of Apache with the firewall is configured to use "localhost" and port 3429? (I think that is the port number)

Anybody running a similar setup? Any configuration advice?
Thanks
DD

ramandeep
02-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi DD,
I use WAMP but not sure of the setup like yours.
Now there are 2 possibilities

1)If you are you installing all services seperately
Then you can leave Apache and install the rest

2)If you are using WAMP from
http://www.wampserver.com
Yes in case of WAMP you can select the to install without Apache. Or might be it will give you an option to use the existing Apache service.

Creative Insanity
02-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Since apache is now running on a differant port then just use your excisting apache as you will use port 80 as a development server.
Don't use wamp (ugly) do it by hand.
Download the full php package of php (stick with 4.x.x not 5) and just create a directory on your c: called php and unzip the php zip content into there (keep file structure in tact), then just add the php line to your httpd.conf file.
Now install mysql (real easy) and config that.

Then make a text file called info.php and place this inside.
<? phpinfo(); ?>
and place it in the www root of apache and access from a browser.
If you get a screen with lots of info then start dancing as you got it right.
If you get a screen with just <? phpinfo(); ?> then time to cry and see what the matter is.

davidj
02-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Don't use wamp (ugly) do it by hand.

sorry CI is wamp a self installer? i thought it was an acronym for Windows, apache, mysql, php

if you do a job search on any job site and use the keyword WAMP or LAMP then you get hits

WAMP DEVELOPER is someone that uses Windows, apache, mysql, php technologies not someone who is an expert in an exe install (or am i wrong)