PDA

View Full Version : Poor quality

gibbs66
02-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi, I have a quick question that I believe is for this section...possible Dreamweaver. I am creating a web site and have put up a construction page. The graphic that I made looks great on my computer. I saved for web and the settings are Jpeg,maximum,quality 100, and the optimized box was checked. I'm using photoshop 7.0. I just dont understand why it's losing so much quality. It's probably something easy, BUT I don't know what it is. The address is www.actionwallpads.com. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I also made another site with the same issues. It's a foot fetish site....NO NUDITY. If anyone can help me with that one please email me at
b@tastytoesnfeet.com
Thanks again for any help.
Brian

blanchard
02-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Try unchecking Optimized?
then upload it

domedia
02-18-2006, 03:41 PM
100% should never come out bad, optimized or not.
Gibbs, can you attach the .psd file to a reply so I can have a look at it. PS should no have this problem.

gibbs66
02-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks blanchard and domedia. Domedia, I'm attaching the psd file. Did you check it out online? Very weird. THanks again for the help and I'm very interested in what you come up with.
Brian[/img]

gibbs66
02-18-2006, 04:07 PM
It wont let me upload the psd file.......here's the jpg.
Brian

domedia
02-18-2006, 04:30 PM
I need the native psd file. can you uplaod it to the web and post the link?

What's wrong with the jpg you posted above (where do you see the quality decrease)

gibbs66
02-18-2006, 04:37 PM
It seems very grainy on here or pixely? I just looked at the psd and jpg from my folder and it looks clearer. Maybe I've been looking at it too long. How do I upload the psd file? Thanks for all the time your putting into this domedia.
Brian

gibbs66
02-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Domedia, if YOU think it looks good, I will take your word for it. I know you don't hold any punches. Let me know either way. I think I may have been working on it for too long. I'm going to take a break for a few. Thanks again, look foward to see what you say.
Brian

domedia
02-18-2006, 05:05 PM
I think it looks ok.
You can send the psd to ove(at)domedia.org and I'll look at it.

domedia
02-18-2006, 06:10 PM
If anyone else experience the same problem as gibbs66, he had the 'anti-aliased; checkbox on his bevel effects on the layer turned off. Check this checkbox, and your graphic will come out better :)

gibbs66
02-21-2006, 03:36 AM
Hello again. I just wanted all to know that checking the anti-aliased helped. I did the logo again and instead of using the motion blur on the blue lines I used a gradient. I even lowered the quality of the logo and it's crystal clear. Check it out at www.actionwallpads.com. Domedia thanks for all your help. I know where I will ALWAYS come if I need solid expert help. Please don't look at the coding domedia, you would shred me! Haa haa
Brian

Creative Insanity
02-21-2006, 06:21 AM
When ever I use a jpg (which is hardly ever) I always only use medium quality at around 7. You will see a drop in quality and a decrease in load speed at high at 10