PDA

View Full Version : photshop font

chriskq
02-16-2006, 02:39 AM
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9252/frame.html
>fonts > page5 (halfway down)
{sorry no direct link available, whats up with that?)

i like the electric font she offers to download.
But i am unsure how to get the gradiant effect on the actual text itself, as it look boring in solid color.

could anyone pls tell me how to apply this effect to text.
thanks all!

Creative Insanity
02-16-2006, 05:05 AM
All I get from this is: Opps !

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

davidj
02-16-2006, 07:46 AM
chris

is it the eklektik font

chriskq
02-16-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah it is DJ. how'd you guess that.
nice one mate!

but yea how do u get that glowing color around the text?
thanks

davidj
02-17-2006, 08:03 AM
select your text layer and add an outer glow layer style
(small f button at bottom of layer panel)

play around with options until you get what you want

Creative Insanity
02-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Please chris, don't use photoshop for text. It sucks at that. They come out blury. You are better to use Illustrator and import the text from an ai file. PS really sucks at text and I wish they would deal with the common stuff in new versions instead of all these wizz bang features that are going to hardly get used.

domedia
02-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Please chris, don't use photoshop for text. It sucks at that. They come out blury. You are better to use Illustrator and import the text from an ai file. PS really sucks at text and I wish they would deal with the common stuff in new versions instead of all these wizz bang features that are going to hardly get used.I never had a problem with PS and font. How do you normally approach making images with text from PS? I'm sure I can help out. The DW logo you placed on top of this website for example. I noticed it looked kinda weird, so I redid it. I must be doing something you're not doing :)

chriskq
02-19-2006, 11:30 PM
yea share share pls.
with the text creation, im usually just lazy and cant be bothered opening up illustrator.. to be honest i hardly use image ready or illustrator (but im not a guru at grahhics or anything), well image ready is good for .gifs.

davidj
02-20-2006, 07:57 AM
i have never had any probs with PS and fonts
CI.. you might have blurry mode switched on! :D

domedia
02-20-2006, 01:08 PM
..or anti-aliasing turned off?