PDA

View Full Version : put website on a CD

waltl
02-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Dear Friends,
I want to put a small simple website on a CD for distribution. I want to put an "easy to see link "in a separate page outside
of the website itself.( the root folder) I can't figure out how to create a link between the separate page and the index.html page inside the website. If I browse for the link, it doesn't work once it is on the CD and away from my computer. I think I want to use some sort of absolute link, but I can't figure out the proper path(something like" Localhost/volumes/CDname/ClickHere.html".h. Can you help? Thanks
P.S. I wouldn't object to a different solution. It needs to be MAC compatible.

Ricky55
02-13-2006, 11:32 PM
why don't you get the CD to auto run rather than getting the user to find a file in root dir.

Doing this is really easy on a PC so it should be on the MAC,

Search on google for

autorun html

or someone on the forums may know how to write the code themselves.

I downloaded a small file called autorun html that allowed me to autorun any file for example index.html.

akern
02-15-2006, 05:10 AM
the link should just be the name of your folder, then index.html. Example: "foldername/index.html"

If you are creating another html file to open it you could do a meta tag refresh so it automatically loads the page. In dreamweaver 8 you can add this by going to Insert>HTML>Head>Refresh.

Also, auto run on a mac is a pain.

Soad
02-15-2006, 05:19 AM
This is what I have been doing at work creating websites on a CD and using the AutorunPro http://www.ezau.com/latest/articles/autorun.shtml which is freeware and works a treat

All I do is copy all the files to the root of the cd and edit the Autorun file to start the selected file.

Hope this helps

Best regards