PDA

View Full Version : How do I create a mailing list?

Nayla
02-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Hi

Can anyone tell me what codes I need to create a Mailing List ?

Thank you

Nayla

domedia
02-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi Nayla,
Can you try to explain exactly what you are trying to do?

Strcictly speaking, a mailing list, is justa file with email addresses.
Are you looking at building a form that will put the email address in such a file?

Nayla
02-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi Nayla,
Can you try to explain exactly what you are trying to do?

Strcictly speaking, a mailing list, is justa file with email addresses.
Are you looking at building a form that will put the email address in such a file?

Yes that's precisely what I want to create, a form to do this but I'm not sure what codes I need.

Nayla

domedia
02-12-2006, 07:27 PM
You need to code this epcific to what kind of server side language your host has running on your server? It's usually either ASP or PHP. If you do not know this, you need to ask your host first to find out.

Nayla
02-12-2006, 07:52 PM
You need to code this epcific to what kind of server side language your host has running on your server? It's usually either ASP or PHP. If you do not know this, you need to ask your host first to find out.

It's PHP.

Nayla

dthomsen8
02-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Can anyone tell me what codes I need to create a Mailing List ?Nayla
Once you have your mailing list, what do you plan to do with it?

Nayla
02-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Can anyone tell me what codes I need to create a Mailing List ?Nayla

Once you have your mailing list, what do you plan to do with it?

Once the mailing list is up and running I want to be able to link it from my site (www.nayla.co.uk) to an Excel file.

Nayla

davidj
02-21-2006, 10:30 AM
if your using PHP then i would keep the email addresses in a mysql db
once you have done this then its simple to populate a excel spreadsheet with the recordset contents

i take it that when a user registers onto your site they will input their email address through a form

Nayla
02-21-2006, 10:35 AM
if your using PHP then i would keep the email addresses in a mysql db
once you have done this then its simple to populate a excel spreadsheet with the recordset contents

i take it that when a user registers onto your site they will input their email address through a form

Yes correct! But what I need to know is once I've created the form in dreamweaver how do I link it via the mysql db? Or is it just a standard link that I can select from the Tool bar?

Nayla

davidj
02-21-2006, 10:39 AM
set up your site in DW as normal but this time set it up to use PHP

you need to follow the DW tutorials for connection to a database although CI (one of our jedi's) has done some VTM's on this

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/

Nayla
02-21-2006, 11:46 AM
set up your site in DW as normal but this time set it up to use PHP

you need to follow the DW tutorials for connection to a database although CI (one of our jedi's) has done some VTM's on this

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/

thanks i'll check it out!

Nayla

davidj
02-21-2006, 12:50 PM
check this out as well

http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2134