PDA

View Full Version : Things look different in explorer

willdrury
02-12-2006, 05:32 PM
I have created a site in dreamweaver and i was testing it in firefox, however things look different in internet explorer. As i understood, if you have an image and you make it a link then you give it a border, the border will take on the colours that you have for your links but in ie the borders are always blue even though my links are grey. How do i make them the same colours as my links? Also I have some .png images which look fine in firefox but in ie they lose there transparent background and it is replaced by a white background. How can i restore the transparency?

Creative Insanity
02-12-2006, 06:32 PM
IE6.x and below does not support png files. There is a hack for the png files in IE but your best bet is to change then to gif.
On your links it is not a normal thing to have a border on image links so click on the image in dw and make the border 0 in the properties.

domedia
02-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Altough IE supports normal PNG's, it specifically does not support alpha transparency in PNG files. I've seen hacks online that will enable it, but since I never use png's, I never took notice of url's. Google iwill find it for you.

To specify borders for linked images, you can modify the following css code to your liking:
a:link img {border: 1px solid #ccc;}
a:visited img {border: 1px solid #ccc;}
a:hover img {border: 1px solid #c00;}
a:active img {border: 1px solid #ccc;}