PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needs Help With "Sliced" Website--insert Pa

webtopia
02-11-2006, 06:55 AM
HELP!!

LOL Newbie here, desperately need help inserting a paypal link into our non-profit website! The site was built with Photoshop CS2, and so it is all slices. Whenever I try to insert the Paypal CGI-bin script from Paypal, it ruins the layout of all the slices. After tinkering with it for a few hours (ok, it took me days!) I finally got the Paypal button to work, but now it's on the very top of the page instead of in the spot it's supposed to be in. I'm pretty sure it's an easy fix--any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

URL to page how it's supposed to look: www.SeaAid.org/donate.html
URL to page where the button works but is in wrong place: www.SeaAid.org/donate2.html

Thanks for any help!!!!

WT

Creative Insanity
02-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Paypal is not credit card? anyhoo..click on the image and in the properties panel place the link to the paypal accout for that you only need:

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=**">

** = the email account you used for you palpay registration.

webtopia
02-11-2006, 09:49 PM
I kept asking Paypal if I couldn't just link to my page instead of running their CGI-bin script, and they kept saying no--probably because the bin script they provide includes a catchy little plug for them ("Pay now with Paypal--it's fast, easy and free!") and they want that executed everytime.....another case of self-interest over customer satisfaction........

Anyway, it works now--thanks so much for your help!!!

BD

Creative Insanity
02-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah their cgi is just to blow their own trumpet and I have never used it and never will.
Mean huh LOL