PDA

View Full Version : Database Location

Randy
02-10-2006, 12:39 PM
I have a ColdFusion connection to an Access database at c:\whatever\wahatever\database.mdb. When I publish the site the application can't find the database because c:\whatever\wahatever\database.mdb does not exist on the remote site. I have spent hours trying to understand how to resolve this with no luck. I'm sure the answer is very simple and I'm just not getting it. Thanks in advance for any help.

davidj
02-10-2006, 01:09 PM
where are you publishing it to?

Randy
02-10-2006, 01:14 PM
To a ColdFusion enabled webserver provided by a 3rd party host. Example: c:/websites/mywebsite.

davidj
02-10-2006, 01:37 PM
check to se if they have their db's in a special location

you may have to use their admin screen to setup your acces db. If so, the path will be indicated there so you will need to edit your connections path

Randy
02-10-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry. I don't think I have presented this properly. I know where my access database is on the remote server. What I don't know how to do is tell my page how to find it. The problem is the location is different on my development machine than on the remote site so when I FTP the pages and folders and look at the site remotely, the site is still looking for the database using the path on the development machine. I don't know how to make it look in the right place.

davidj
02-10-2006, 03:39 PM
you should have a connections directory on your local

open the connections file in that.
I think the odbc connection string should be in that file that points to your db