PDA

View Full Version : desperate centering page made of frames

meerah
02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Hello,
I am doing a project where I need to use frames (or I have not found yet another way how to accomplish that thing) . I have top frame and left menu frame and mainframe where I display the selected content.. Can anyone help me centering the page in the browser window ? I wanted to use wrapper css class but do not know to which frame to assign that. If I assign it to all frames it simply resizes all elements and images individually... I am new to dreamweaver so I have pretty much mess in this.. Can anyone help me please ?
One more q..is there a way to accomplish my goals not using frames ? I want simply not the entire page to be loaded after user clicks button. What I need is a menu that stays on its place and a frame or whatever that displays appropriate content...?????
Thanks in advance

domedia
02-09-2006, 12:58 PM
I want simply not the entire page to be loaded after user clicks button. Why do want that?

meerah
02-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Because I want to give in header flash with some streaming video and it wont work If whole page reloads everytime client clicks at something to display.
??????

Creative Insanity
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
You could use an iframe for your content and then just load the links into the iframe.

davidj
02-09-2006, 03:51 PM
dom dom

he said iframe !!!!

disgusting... You got no self respect

Creative Insanity
02-09-2006, 04:00 PM
LOL.. oh damn the sholder monkey has entered the room.

WHO LEFT THAT DAMN GAGE DOOR OPEN AGAIN! LOL

domedia
02-09-2006, 04:17 PM
let's get back on topic..
meerah, you'd have to center the content in the individual html pages that makes your frameset.
Do you have a link to your website?

meerah
02-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I had not published that yet...But thanks a lot for your help..Would anybody mind givin me plain description what an iframe is and how to deal with that ?

gregfindley.com
02-09-2006, 11:09 PM
This should help you...

http://www.flashgimp.com/tutorials/dreamweaver_tutorials/6_masboy_insert_iframe/_______________Insert%20iFrame.htm

meerah
02-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks a lot so far.. I am not at my computer right now so I couldn not have tried that yet..but I am thinking , If I would like to center the content in the middle of page, is it possible when I build the whole page with iframes and then use wrapper class to center it ?

domedia
02-10-2006, 01:48 PM
absolutely.
Actually I don't think you even need a wrapper, something like this CSS would do:
<iframe src="yourpage.html" style="width: 500px; height: 300px; overflow: auto; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;">

width and height set the size of the iframe, margins make sure it's centered.