PDA

View Full Version : Working in layout mode

sam224
02-08-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi, i am new to dreamweaver. recently i am working with my website in DW. Can any one tell me how to use layout mode in dreamweaver?, Is it better than othe mode of designing?

davidj
02-08-2006, 08:48 AM
layout mode allows you to draw tables and cells as you would layers

its there to help with complex table layouts and is there to give you more control of your tables. I have used it about 5 times and it never really helped me.

if you mess around with DW you will develop your own way of doing stuff which might include layout mode. Its a personel choice i think

sam224
02-08-2006, 12:49 PM
thanks for your suggestion. :lol:

joelouw
11-07-2009, 07:35 AM
I have been working with Macromedia Dreamweaver for a long time now and upgraded to CS 3 early last year, I did manage to change my settings to work in some sort of layout mode (like I did with DW Macromedia) where I can draw a layout table with the "green block icon" and then inside that draw another block with a "blue icon block"
I can't remember how and where I did change the settings in DW CS3.
NOW I have CS4 and would like to change it to so I can work with the green draw layout table block.
PLEASE HELP PLEASE PLEASE !!!

Corrosive
11-07-2009, 07:49 AM
I thought that CS4 had dropped layout mode altogether. Don't use tables for websites, learn CSS as that is what CS4 is geared towards.

DWcourse
11-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Corrosive is right. Layout mode has been dropped in CS4. I believe because it created layouts using absolutely positioned divs or tables both of which are not considered good practice. It's time you learned how to use CSS for layout.

Corrosive
11-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Corrosive is right. Layout mode has been dropped in CS4.

Woo hoo, what do I win?? 8-)

DWcourse
11-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Woo hoo, what do I win?? 8-)

Your reward will be in heaven but, given your signature… :mrgreen:

Corrosive
11-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Your reward will be in heaven

Awww, I hate having to wait 'til I'm dead for stuff :(

joelouw
11-09-2009, 06:42 AM
I thought that CS4 had dropped layout mode altogether. Don't use tables for websites, learn CSS as that is what CS4 is geared towards.

Thank you guys I was not aware of that, guess I have to learn CSS
Pitty my web-site is build on that in CS3 guess I have to start all over again.