PDA

View Full Version : Getting Flash to work in Dreamweaver?

LordNimbus
02-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm still very new to this, only having a early website up right now, www.Advancing-Art.com and I've redone the website completely in Flash. My problem is after publishing it in Flash and opening it in Dreamweaver, I just see a huge grey square with the Flash logo in the middle and a few little tabs that I guess represent the content. My problem is that I can't actually see what I did in Flash and I can't set the links for my thumbnails. Should I just go further with Flash and set the "hit" squares up there for the thumbnails and their urls or is there a way to see what I'm doing in Dreamweaver? Thanks for any help...

I've attached the html file for the Flash site if it helps.

ramandeep
02-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi there,
I would like to explain this simple concept for Flash and Dreamweaver
First
We can use flash SWF files in Dreamweaver but we can't edit them or give hyperlinks to flash file buttons in Dreamweaver.
Second
To view your SWF files in dreamweaver,you can simply click on play button in your property inspector.
Thirdly
If you want the button links in your flash file to work then you have to link them inside flash.you can use geturl(); function for that.

If this clears the concept then great other wise ask here!

LordNimbus
02-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey thanks for your help. That clears it up for me!

Creative Insanity
02-04-2006, 06:27 PM
This question comes up rather alot. I think a vtm is in need here.

ramandeep
02-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Yes CI,
SWF's in Dreamweaver and sending form results to email address,these 2 topics need a VTM.
I can write a tutorial for that but believe VTM is far more effective.

domedia
02-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Actually. both are excellent.
VTM is better in terms of how well it explain things, but regular tutorials get's indexed by search engies better.