PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help! dreamweaver and entourage content

dreyen
02-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Hi all!

Would appreciate any help on this... I've just started using
Dreamweaver (today) and have designed a simple HTML document with one table, one image and some text.

I am unable to now copy (cmd-C) my work into a blank Entourage email
(I've set my emails as HTML). What is copied across is just the text.

Can someone help? Am I doing something wrong? I am using Dreamweaver 8 (MacOSX) and Entourage X for Mac. I've managed to kinda copy it into Mail.app however the table information is lost...

Advanced thanks,
dreyen

davidj
02-02-2006, 11:01 AM
firstly you need to upload your webpage to a host then you need a domain name that points to that host then you need to reference all your images in your html as absolute paths

example...
http://www.mydomain.com/Images/mypic.jpg

once you have all your html set with absolute paths then you can paste your code into your mail client and hope everyone you send it to has html enabled

dreyen
02-03-2006, 03:00 AM
i'm not quite sure what you're getting at... i have been working on a PC until recently, creating HTML emails in Frontpage and then copying and pasting into Outlook.

i've never had to upload anything for that to work (the only reason I have had to do that is to minimise the size of email).

please advise, thanks for your time,
dreyen

domedia
02-03-2006, 01:00 PM
i've never had to upload anything for that to work (the only reason I have had to do that is to minimise the size of email).
Exactly :) To maximize the effeciency of your emails, always upload all images to the server and call them by absolute path.