PDA

View Full Version : IE 7 (beta)

davidj
02-02-2006, 08:06 AM
get it here...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/ie7betaredirect.mspx

30 mins later....

well it looks nice. With tabbed browsing and an intuitive layout its quite easy to get used to it

40 mins later....

WARNING WARNING ALERT ALERT its crashed twice. Closing itself down !

It is a BETA so will give it another go

90 mins later....

its ok upto now after i cleaned IE of 3rd party software. Dont understand why that crash happened although i do have loads of junk on this machine.

review...
I like it as long as the stability problem was with my installation and not the software. Anybody brave enough to test it ?????

chriskq
02-02-2006, 09:19 AM
not after a report like that....
well at least not on my own computer. I'll install it at work 2mrw n c how it goes

hey i forgot to tell u dj, im now working for a Digital Media IT company called www.massmedia.com.au n have been for about 6weeks now. (remember i asked for help about 6 months ago, my how much i've learnt since then... im only 22 aswel n finished uni last yr)

ps - check out how cool the main flash banner is. All the tabs play a flash animation when mouseroll over, take ur mouse off it for 3 secs and it will continue to play the animation before where it left off. anyways check it out n report back captain.

davidj
02-02-2006, 09:34 AM
www.massmedia.com.au
nice site although looking at it through IE7

the font on the panels on the right looks crap. Looks like it hasnt been rendered properly. Anyone using IE6 or FF please check it out to see if its the browser.

well done on the job front chris. You are now officially a proffessional

davidj
02-02-2006, 09:48 AM
2 hrs later....

well its looking good. No other problems upto now and i am getting used to it.

Its a shame coz the clients i build for will never see this browser. They are forced to use the minimum version 5 if they are in the IE camp when we are tasked to develop somethin for them. Thats the only time some of these people upgrade

and yes i did say upgrade to IE 5x

Creative Insanity
02-02-2006, 05:25 PM
In FF the site looks nice chris.. rather nice actually.
Did you do that flash animation? if so DO ME ONE LOL

Umm DJ.. you want me to downgrade from FF 1.5 to IE 7? Ummm I don't think so. Maybe I will have a look on the battle axes, but not my babies.

Creative Insanity
02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Sorry DJ there is no way in hell I am installing sp2 just for a version of IE.

ramandeep
02-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Ok ,installed IE 7 its much better give looks of opera and some functionality of FF .
I am glad to see tabs as firefox on IE.But many things appear different which appear ok in IE 6 or FF or opera.
Does this mean that now we should get ready to look the compatibility of websites on IE7 aswell. huh,was struggling with W3C usability and accessibility standards and here comes IE7 standardsssss :D

Creative Insanity
02-03-2006, 05:16 PM
I got a better idea ram.. skip tests in IE altogether LOL. IE sucks anyway.. it is MS, it has gotta stink.

ramandeep
02-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Yes CI ,atleast till it comes out to PC's.

domedia
02-03-2006, 11:12 PM
I had to install the beta2 version at work today just to be prepared if some of our larger clients websites had serious issues with the browsers. Luckily, not. The benefit of future compliant web design ;)

I especially like the thumbnails overview of all tabs.. hadn't seent hat one before.. but I quickly had set my pc to an earlier recovery point because I needed IE6 again for testing.. Couldn't find a way to just uninstall it.

Tstright
02-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Sorry DJ there is no way in hell I am installing sp2 just for a version of IE.

6 Systems here with SP2 and zero problems

Creative Insanity
02-05-2006, 02:53 AM
Well ain't you lucky LOL. still doesn't mean I am touching it.

domedia
02-05-2006, 04:17 AM
What's the issue with sp2?

Creative Insanity
02-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Dunno dom.. I just do not trust any ms updates and never will.

desertdirk
02-11-2006, 12:25 AM
I just tried to download and install this and got a corrupt file error. Anybody else have a problem with the download? Might be because I haven't activated this new install of xppro on a new box?.
DD