PDA

View Full Version : Displaying vide (Mpeg content) online

jool
01-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Hello all,

I'd like to be able to display video files (Mpegs and possibly other formats) in a pop-up window which appears when a link is clicked on my webpage.

The file sizes hopefully won't be too big. Any advice on the best way to display video footage on a seperate pop up window?

Many thanks

Creative Insanity
01-31-2006, 06:34 PM
Search is your friend. ;)
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1921&highlight=popup

*edited.*

domedia
01-31-2006, 06:48 PM
That url made no sense, search terms are not passed in the url's ;)

chriskq
02-01-2006, 12:11 AM
best to use a flash object for showing for movie clips. reduces size *which would mean 56k users could enjoy ur videos of____?*

i just finished my flash pop up, so its all fresh in my mind if ya got any Q's relating to my post

jool
02-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks - I'm by no means a programmer and struggle really wih basic code - but I'll have good look at the code and see what I can make of it.
Thanks also for the flash video advice - I'll look into that too.

I want to draw short image clips from an sql database - in the database will be a path pointing to the clip (as stored in a file in the server)
The video files will probably be in MPEg format or may even be produced on mobile phones directly (not sure of that file format).

Anyway, thanks again for the initial advice. I'll look into flash video (and the code) and if needs be, probably get back.

Many thanks.

Have a great day