PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Recordset

nelkov
01-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi. This is my problem with recordsets. When I am trying to make recordset this message appears. But the strange is that the file that the dreamweaver says missing, it's not. It is in the folder. Anyone can explain what is the problem?

desertdirk
01-30-2006, 11:15 PM
I have gotten this error or a similar one when I have combined record sets and different actions in one form. For instance I have a form with one update field, and one insert field. each field has a submit button so the person is going to do either an update or an insert. It works but DW throws that error like "I don't understand what you are trying to do?" have you tried your page, does it work?

nelkov
01-31-2006, 07:01 AM
No. I have not combined any actions. When I open a blank php page, create a mysql connection and when trying to make a recordset this message appear. There aren't any forms or other recordsets on the page. Also before that message other alert appear saying that this is javascript error.

Creative Insanity
01-31-2006, 07:40 AM
Only thing that I can suggest really is uninstall DW and also delete the dreamweaver folder in
C:\Documents and Settings\profile name\Application Data\Macromedia.
Then reinstall. This has helped me with this problem in the past.
Real hair puller ain't it.

nelkov
01-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Creative Insanity I've done what you recommended but without effect, I reinstall the DW and the same problem :(

desertdirk
01-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Maybe someone with DW8 can look at the recordset.js and see what the reference is to
dd

Creative Insanity
01-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Try copy the _mmServerScripts folder to the testing server and try again.
Other than that I have no idea sorry.

I did see something on macromedia about this. Try type the error you got to their search and you may find the cure, or atleast some direction.

nelkov
02-01-2006, 05:28 AM
OK. I want someone send me this file ServerBeh-PHP5-FakeRS.htm and I'll overwite it on mine. I want to see what will be the effect.

chriskq
02-01-2006, 07:02 AM
u didnt say please.... (*clears throat*)

nelkov
02-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Please Send me the file :D
nelkov88@gmail.com