PDA

View Full Version : Form Textfield background color

Carter
01-30-2006, 05:28 AM
I created a website form so those that contributed to our none profit site can request a statement mailed of what they gave during the 2005 tax season. The form mail works and etc but I want to make it look sexy and thinking of using more colors. How do I change the background color for textfields. The text fields are currently white.

On some forms, I noticed the text fields background are lt. blue, lt gold, yellow, and etc.. so how is this done in DW MX? Thanks.

Carter

Creative Insanity
01-30-2006, 06:04 AM
Create a CSS class tag for the background etc you want and then select the text area and select the class you want to use.

domedia
01-30-2006, 01:52 PM
This can be dangerous though.. Many users depend on recognizing the form fields.
I just had an experience where I had form fields with white text and black background. Then the Google Toolbar made the background yellow on some input fields (auto fill fields).. needless to say white text on yellow background is *not* working well ;)

Finland Blue
04-29-2008, 01:13 PM
This can be dangerous though.. Many users depend on recognizing the form fields.
I just had an experience where I had form fields with white text and black background. Then the Google Toolbar made the background yellow on some input fields (auto fill fields).. needless to say white text on yellow background is *not* working well ;)

Is there a way to prevent this Google Toolbar-produced yellow background showing? That is, by us as the designers of the page, not at the user end.

domedia
04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Is there a way to prevent this Google Toolbar-produced yellow background showing? That is, by us as the designers of the page, not at the user end. We had a tutorial on this long time ago by Ranjan, but it's lost now I think.. I cannot find it anymore. Anyone else have a solution to this?

PS: Please look at the age of a thread before commenting. This thread is over 2 years old. Instead of resurrecting an old thread, it's sometimes better to start a new one :-)

Rob_Che
04-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey, at least Finland Blue took the time out to 'search' rather than post the same old thing...

Things change over this amount of time too so it's better to get the up-to-date advice ;)