PDA

View Full Version : totally new to DW and looking for help

devin09
01-29-2006, 11:18 AM
hi there. i just got my DW 8 today and i know NOTHING about web publishing at all. i tried scouring the net for info but i think i'm suffering from information overload. can someone suggest to me a good place where i can go to to familiarise myself with what DW is all about?

also, a friend of mine gave me a set of PHP files and asked me to upload it on my webhosting server. Thing is, I have no idea what to do with those at all.

domedia
01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
If you got DW today you must go through DW's own tutorials and the manual. DW gives you quite a bit of help to get you jump-started :)

Maggie
01-29-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm using DW MX... but a friend gave me "DW 8 for Dummies". They must be similar because I've been using the book to learn and it's helping.

I would suggest getting this book... it's pretty well written.

devin09
01-30-2006, 02:56 PM
DW8 for dummies....yeah i like the dummy series. they're well written even for illiterates like me :D.

it's just so overwhelming that i don't know where to start.

domedia
01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
I'm actually working on a new section to the website in association with Amazon.com. You guys can have a sneak preview (the section is fully operational, just havent finished 'polishing' everything up yet ;) )
The Dreamweaver 8 for Dummies book can be seen here:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/books/0764596497/Dreamweaver_8_For_Dummies___For_Dummies_Computer_T ech.html

mk59
01-30-2006, 03:23 PM
devin...
I'm in the same boat, I got dw just before xmas, already I've volunteered to help edit some friends web stuff.
learning dw is similar to learning windows...
this forum is a great place to come and get direction.
I've had questions recently and gotten answers here without posting, I just searched the forum for a bit.

you'll probably find out that you do know something about web publishing....

start with the tutorials(this means having time to spend), the easiest ones at the beginning.
if you run into road blocks, ask away.
-mark.

desertdirk
01-30-2006, 04:08 PM
domedia
if we buy it through the link we get a huge discount right? lol
dd

domedia
01-30-2006, 04:38 PM
domedia
if we buy it through the link we get a huge discount right? lol
ddhaha , yeah you can see the discount (altough it's amazons standard one) :) but we won't get that message 'bandwidth exceeded' as much if I decide to use it (or rather if everyone else decides to use it ) ;)