PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone.... newbie trying to find help

Maggie
01-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone.... I am new to website building and am trying to learn DW. My problem is I have a site that I want to rebuild using DW.

My hosting service is with Aplus... and initially I built my website using a control panel they offer and a site building tool called Trellix.

I now see that using these types of tools is very limiting. It's easy and fun at first, but then you are limited.

Now-- I'm trying very hard to learn DW and I am stuck on one of my first steps which is trying to create a template that will look as similar as possible to the pages I made with the Trellix software.

Can anybody help me out? I need some really basic "for dummies" kind of instruction-- starting with a blank new html page.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:
image that boarders the whole left side of the page,..... name of site along the top with a navigation bar under that. Optional subtitle for page under that. A footer at the bottom. Background color to be the same... as well as text color.

How can I make this basic template? I tried using tables and layers... not sure what's best... but so far I'm not liking the look.

This is what happens when newbies get dependent on easy tools with limitations. Any help would be appreciated.

Maggie

domedia
01-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Hi Maggie and welcome :)
If you click on 'VTM' in the website navigation, there's a tutorial on how to work with templates. You might be better off learning how to make some pages in DW before you attempt to make a template. 8)

Creative Insanity
01-26-2006, 09:41 PM
I think I will do a VERY basic VTM on starting out in DW for the total beginner.

Maggie
01-27-2006, 02:24 PM
I think I will do a VERY basic VTM on starting out in DW for the total beginner.

Thank you so much! I will keep checking that area :D

domedia
01-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Creative Insanity's new VTM can be found as the current last item here:
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/vtm/
:)

davidj
02-07-2006, 01:25 PM
CI
you smoothy

Creative Insanity
02-07-2006, 06:41 PM