PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Images & Go To Detail Page

malhyp
01-26-2006, 02:14 AM
Dynamic Images & Go To Detail Page

Hey, I have a page with 5 images and a breife description of each image. To each image I have created individual Go To Detail Page Server Behaviours, and also a recordset on the page.

I would like to eventualy click on one image and the detail page opens with a more detailed descripotion of the image.

Can anyone advise if I am doing this correctly.

For some reason I keep getting the same text and immage every time I click on to one of them.

Thanks

Mally.

Creative Insanity
01-26-2006, 03:17 AM
No, you only need one detail page for them all not one each.
The reason you are getting the same image is because you are not indexing the record IDs correctly.
I was going to do a VTM on this next week, but a little earlier won't hurt I guess.
I will post again when it is done.

malhyp
01-26-2006, 04:04 AM
Yes would be good if you could.

I only have one detail page, what I meant by "Go To Detail Page Server Behaviours" was what I would do is click on an image, then create a Go To Detail Page Server Behaviour for that image, then another for next and so on.

malhyp
01-28-2006, 02:54 AM
Hey there, if you remember to, please let me know as soon as you do post.

Thanks

Mally.

Creative Insanity
01-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Been a couple of hectic days and to make matters worse my development server bit the dust and I had to build a new one yesterday which killed all server side coding.
I am nearly completed with the linux setup so will do my best to get these out today or tomorrow.
Sorry for the huge delay. But life throws you these curve balls from time to time.

desertdirk
01-29-2006, 01:32 AM
malhyp
when you hover your mouse over the thumbnail link, it should show the url in the bottom of your browser. The link should look something like:

http://mydomain.com/detailpage?recordid=(some number) and "somenumber" should change as you hover over each thumbnail. If it does then you need to check your record set on the detail page. It sounds like it is only selecting the default like:
colname=1 and the $_GET[recordID] is not being picked up from the master page
dd