PDA

View Full Version : bandwidth exceeded

desertdirk
01-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Tried to get here earlier and got access denied the domain had exceeded it's alloted bandwidth.
dd

Creative Insanity
01-25-2006, 02:37 AM
Yeah I got the same and just notified dom and all fixed now :)

Maybe we need to make some money to extend our limit.

Doesn't happen much (only second time since I have been here) but we tend to be getting more traffic lately and so that would suck it up.

Tstright
01-25-2006, 01:02 PM
I'd be willing to donate a few bucks to help out...

This site has been very helpful to myself.

domedia
01-25-2006, 02:04 PM
thanks everyone for understanding :)
The traffic on this forum/website grows every month, it's great because it means our community is growing and that more and more people are fingind our tutorials/articles as well. CI always seem to be the one that catches the 'bandwidth exceeded' message right away, and always let's me know immidiately lol.

At one point something needs to put some bucks back in, so it's not just a one way street (expenses), but we're fine for now. I did play around with showing a google ad for all guests (not members), let's see how that goes. I might add a 'paypal donate' button for people likeTstright, but I don't think it's needed yet either.

davidj
01-25-2006, 03:20 PM
you could use file size restrictions on image uploads which may help

Tstright
01-25-2006, 04:24 PM
howardfourms has a $3 plan for premium members that don't see the ads
that everyone else does.... Maybe something like that.....

Guests - Free with no posting or downloads
Registered Members - Posting and limited download with ads
Premium Members - No ads, unlimited downloads

Just a thought....

davidj
01-25-2006, 04:27 PM
be carefull it doesnt end up like experts-exchange

when i throw google a question i usually skip over experts-exchange coz they charge about $8 mth (maybe more)

domedia
01-25-2006, 04:56 PM
davidj,
you have to be an expert there and get the premium account for free ;)
I was the first certified dreamweaver expert at Experts Exchange.. was the only one for a while, but now there's plenty lol (and I had to answer a whole lota questions to get it, all for a t-shirt they never sent)

good ideas from all, thanks, I'll add it to my list to review when we get to the point where it's needed.

Creative Insanity
01-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Cost accounts I would not be keen on, donations yes.

ramandeep
02-02-2006, 04:40 PM
I believe it will be a good idea to add a simple donation button which can help our forums for growing bandwidth requirements.

I am ready to save a pint money every week for that. :D

dthomsen8
02-09-2006, 01:03 PM
I might add a 'paypal donate' button for people likeTstright, but I don't think it's needed yet either.

I agree that a Paypall donate option would be a reasonable addition.

domedia
02-09-2006, 01:23 PM
ok, since you guys think it's a good idea, I'll put it higher on my priority list :)

gregfindley.com
02-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Yep another tick for the PayPal donation, the help and advice I've had within just a few weeks of joining has been priceless. Wish I'd found the club sooner!

domedia
02-09-2006, 11:22 PM
..the help and advice I've had within just a few weeks of joining has been priceless. Wish I'd found the club sooner!
That's a great testimonial :) thanks alot, it's great to hear that kind of feedback!