PDA

View Full Version : lets see how many can vote

chriskq
01-23-2006, 06:03 AM
ey all,
(first time i've been able to post here since like last thurs or something - anyways good to see the site is rolling on atm... )

so i stumbled across this cool little media popup (whilst i was buying cricket tiks online)

www.baggygreen.com.au

click on international on left side || wait a while as its the last thing to load (should appear top right crn)

anyone know of a good tut/info on how to make one of these....
PS --- anyone know the name of that song thats in the ad. Im pretty sure its by Flunk (i thought it was called blue monday, but think i was wrong...... its just so addictive to listen and type away to)

thanks all

might aswell do one of these for the first time

chriskq
01-23-2006, 06:04 AM
opps ADMIN.....
this was meant to be a reply to the previous msg i left
sorry*

domedia
01-23-2006, 06:29 AM
not a problem.. I personally did not see a pop-up on that page. If it's advertising, it's possible that there is a rotation, different ads at different times, or they are geotargetted, so me browing from the u.s. would get different ads served than you :)

chriskq
01-24-2006, 12:09 AM
thats what i thought (rotating ads) and you are correct. but more to the right of the rotating ads (maybe even a few secs after the page loads) the media will appear ... my wording was bad before as i wouldnt consider this bit of media to be a pop-up... more like a integrated advert/user tool...

try it in IE, ... anyone know that song it plays??

domedia
01-24-2006, 04:44 AM
You should edit the first post in this thread and include the url ;)

Creative Insanity
01-24-2006, 07:22 AM
If I was not using FF (blocks annoying pops) I would be so much annoyed as that was not the info I wanted. Popups to me are like spam and that annoying junk they tend to fill your mailbox with and I hate them all.
If the popup was info I wanted, then that is differant otherwise.. pop creators die.. die I say LOL.

I edited the first post and added the data from there and then deleted the thread.
Just to save confusion.

davidj
01-25-2006, 09:17 AM
hey chriskq

when you burn wood beyond charcoal what are you left with ???

did you say ASHES!

chriskq
01-27-2006, 03:04 AM
u kno DJ that actually works as a double pun.
1. talking about cricket website and 2 my last name is Ash
you know too MucH! so im very confused now (EeekkK)