PDA

View Full Version : Bit Of dreamweaver help?

Add
01-22-2006, 10:50 PM
Hello

I'm try to create a website using dreamweaver and fireworks

I have designed my website template using fireworks and i have inserted that in to dreamweaver.

I'm now creating some Buttons in foreworks to use on my website, but when i insert them in to dreamweaver it wont allow me to drag and drop them where i want them on me template??

Any ideas what i can do to allow me to do this?

Is there anyway of stopping dreamweaver acting like this? (seems very similar to MS Word?)

I want to use dreamweaver like a design package if at all possible

Cheers in advace to any help given.

Creative Insanity
01-23-2006, 03:37 AM
Actually your buttons should of been added in the template in FW and then sliced and then their location would of been taken care of.

But since you never done the above, just save them as an image in your site folders image directory and then load the image using the image button on the common tab in DW.
From there you can add their link location once you click on them and use the properties panel.

chriskq
01-23-2006, 06:29 AM
hi there,
your sorta looking at dreamweaver being a piece of design software, in short it is, but also very limited (as you will have to start learning html to fix bugs n glitches... or (hehe)-post ur Q's here)

but back to the point - try not to drag and drop, but instead look at the code view and for every image make sure they have
images/your_imageName_here.gif

(make sure the height and width are the same size as the image itself, (if not may cause style probs in cross-browsers)

dreamweaver has a good rollover function (insert > rollover image) maybe give that a go.

if not ask again

chriskq
01-23-2006, 06:47 AM
forgot to mention (but maybe a bit too much for you atm)
if you add an image into your website and only want a certain part (or many) of the image linkable (clickable) you can use the map function

http://www.activejump.com/g-6.shtml

its pretty handy. eg: within the one graphic you could have several links (buttons)

Add
01-23-2006, 07:25 AM
Cheers for the replies i'll be having a go as soon as i get in later on i think i have understood what you have said but will see later

Add
01-23-2006, 10:32 PM
ok had a bit of play this afternoon and still none the wiser as to how i do it! i like that idea of using FW to place my bottons where i want them on the design(as DW doesn't allow me to do this)

So how to if place my buttons in FW and sliced them so i can change there properties in DW??

It would be easy for me to do this i think as DW is acting much to like a word doc for me to have the control i would like when designing my layout.