PDA

View Full Version : Site setup

Hollas
01-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Hello,

Trying to set up my site in dreamweaver so that i can use the application>server behaviour features (i need to create a page which has restricted access to it).. Ive set up the site, choese the document type, and set up the sites testing server. I go to add a record sheet then i get stuck on the connection tab and i cant define a connection.

I have my own hosting from 4uhosting.co.uk. but really dont no what to do when i hit new. do i do a custom connection string ( then what do i type in there ) or do i do a data source name ( then what do i typ ein there )

sorry for a stupid question but im really stuck and cant find any help or i cant understand the help!

alex

Creative Insanity
01-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Can you understand spoken english ( not a smart question.. ) if so I can do a VTM for you on creating a connection to a testing server as many fall over on that part.
A VTM is a video training module.
Let me know :)

ramandeep
01-21-2006, 06:24 PM
CI,
I want to learn PHP and MySQL can ya help with VTM or MTM!

MTM=messenger training module

:D LOL

Hollas
01-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey Creative insanity.

That would be smashing. Really want to be able to create a page where people just type in the username/password. I think i can do this, however, i cant set up dreamweaver correctly with my hosting to get a good testing page....

Thanks again

alex

Creative Insanity
01-21-2006, 08:27 PM
ramandeep, there are plenty of sites where you can get tutorials for php/mysql.
Teaching php is really out of the format of DWC as we mainly concentrate in creating sites with DW rather than raw code.
I have written a book on php/mysql for beginners if you are interested in having a copy.
It is about 3 years old now and I have made enough money on it so you are welcome (in fact anyone is) to a copy of it. Old as it may be (3 years) the fundimentals are the same.

Hollas, There is a vtm on the front page (click logo) called Testing Server Setup which shows you how to setup a testing server, as an added bonus I also show how to create a login feature and protect files for the login.

domedia
01-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Doing s minor reorganizing of the files, sorry everyone.
The fiels will be availble there in apx. 1 hour again. :)

Hollas
01-21-2006, 11:50 PM
okay smashing! will check them out now!

Creative Insanity
01-22-2006, 12:37 AM
I think someone is doing a side panel for the VTMs hehe
Cool dom.

Hollas, if that does the trick for you then cool, if not shout.

The one you want H is missing from the selection but >>here<< (http://www.webthings.org/vtm/dwc/test_server/) if is.