PDA

View Full Version : named anchors in dynamic table

desertdirk
01-20-2006, 01:43 AM
On this page: http://www.townofcarrizozo.org/business.php I have a table of categories. I want to link the categories to the list below. Normally a named anchor would be used, but both the table of categories and the list are created dynamically from a database. The table is built with a horrizontal looper and the list is a nested looper.

How do I set up the named anchors for this? The page is php/mysql

thanks

Creative Insanity
01-20-2006, 02:26 AM
Ok after a little thought.
I take it these 'Abstactors/Title Insurance' are static headings done within dw.
Well you could put your anchors next to them and then underneath have your data echo.

desertdirk
01-20-2006, 02:33 AM
The headings are not static. they are generated from a database. So it is conceivable that the order would change if I added a new category. The new category would show up both in the table at the top and as a heading in the list.

I guess I need some way of creating a variable for the named achors, that maybe takes it's name from the category_ID from the database?
dd

Creative Insanity
01-20-2006, 05:15 AM
No you don't Just place them above each echo since the echos are going to come from a certain place, placing a anchor above a certain echo won't mess things up as long as you do not change the order the records are displayed.

desertdirk
01-20-2006, 03:33 PM
OK
I got it. I was using the wrong record set to name the anchors. It works now.

Thanks

Creative Insanity
01-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Cool good stuff ;)