PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

gazza
01-19-2006, 07:33 PM
how you doing?, im gaz... just starting to research in learning webdesign, i just got dreamweaver its all confusing. although i know nothing about it. any tips for starting off? thanks!

im good on photshop if that will ever help?
gaz!

domedia
01-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Welcome Gaz :)
Read the manual, read the manual and then read lots of tutorials :)

Creative Insanity
01-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Read the manual, read the manual and then read lots of tutorials
and then sware alot LOL

gazza
01-19-2006, 10:29 PM
lol! yeah im already learning alot, cant wait to get started but i have a looong way to go lol

Creative Insanity
01-19-2006, 10:39 PM
DW is pretty easy to get started on and then when you want to know something just ask and we will help you out. There are some VTMs on our main index (click the logo) that might help you also.

gazza
01-19-2006, 11:29 PM
thanks matey, yeah ive been reading the posts your very helpful.

davidj
01-20-2006, 10:29 AM
welcome

roll ya sleeves up and get stuck in

TIP: always keep a supply of prozac handy

gazza
01-20-2006, 04:46 PM
i do have a question, im in my first year at my degree in graphics media, my mate does programming ros eomthing and hes extremely cocky. hes saying we probably wont learn about multi-vendor websites which is proabably true, i dont even know what htey are. and hes saying we will all fail cos well be too thick, cos we are designers.

does anyone know if ill learn the right things in web design? and what is he talking about?

davidj
01-20-2006, 04:53 PM
imho you can teach anyone to programme but ask him to design something without it looking like a cave drawing!

you will be laughing then

with your skills as a designer you will sail into the world of proffessional looking web sites very easily

gazza
01-20-2006, 04:57 PM
thats a fu*kin good comeback im using that next time he trys slating me off.
thankyou!

Creative Insanity
01-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah all a programmer can do is put a bunch of 1s and 0s in order but then who do they need to put their 1s and 0s to the public in an attractive way.. Oh shit.. a designer oh dear. What a shame as all his cocky nature has driven them all away.
Man he is a good programmer but has sold nothing cause he has no means to display his cleverly aranged 1s and 0s to the public. LOL