PDA

View Full Version : ASP / MS-Access DB

nutradream
01-11-2006, 06:51 PM
I have built an MS-Access contact DB with name, address, phone, etc., and a link to an external photo. Using the Dreamweaver ASP tools I can query this DB and list out the text data, however I can not figure out how to display the photo’s. When I pull it from the DB just junk is displayed, no picture. Can someone explain how to do this via Dreamweaver? I’m using Dreamweaver 8.

Gracias!

Creative Insanity
01-11-2006, 06:58 PM
I know nothing about asp, but I guess the principal is the same.
Place a field in the database for the image file and URL, then with dreamweaver under the comon tabe click the image icon (it looks like a tree) and when the diolog opens at the top check the Data sources radio. Then just expand the record set and select the field for the photo location and file.

davidj
01-12-2006, 01:11 PM
although i use CI's method as its easy to impliment lets not forget that you can store image data in a BLOB (Binary Large Objects)

I have never used such a spell but i can remember falling asleep in the class when they started talking about it in hogwarts

kona72
01-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Choose Insert>Image
Instead of just choosing an image when the Image box comes up choose Data Sources Option.
Select the image field you have specified, and then ensure that in the URL field you type "images/" (no quotes)

Hit ok.

SHould be good to go....

Creative Insanity
01-12-2006, 06:07 PM
didn't I just say that?