PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Bar and window sizes

Grootoog
01-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Sup ppl!

It's great to have eventually found a forum that looks to be worth joining! I have a few issues with most of my websites! I'm going to use one as an example.

www.fintradeinvest.com

As you can see there is not much on the site. Reason being, because i would like these issues sorted out first.

So what are the issues?
1: The page has some white peices at the top and the left hand side of the browser window. I
never had that during my initial design process in Photoshop!

2: The yellow box that is on the page, I would like to insert a scroll bar there because the text
that i want to put in there is way too long for only that small box. I'v looked everywhere in
dreamweaver to try and solve this, but I'm just not getting it!

Is there anyone out there that is able to help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Creative Insanity
01-03-2006, 08:05 PM
1. easy use a css file and add this line block of code.
body {
margin: 0;
}

2, another easy one, use an iframe.
If you click in the area and hit the code tag and type <iframe each time to press space DW will show you what option you can have for the iframe.
Or you could also use an artcle on the front of here (click the logo) and look for a tut called CSS Scroller by rj.

domedia
01-04-2006, 04:17 AM
#2:
<div style="overflow: auto; height: 300px; width: 200px;">
Text inside the scrolling area here.
</div>

Grootoog
01-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys for the advise. I'v tried doing what you said but sadly, I'm a beginner and it's all giberish to me! CSS file? Dude I'm lost!

Creative Insanity
01-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Copy and paste what dom posted and place that in the part of the table where you want the text and then before the </div> place your text.

domedia
01-04-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm a beginner and it's all giberish to me! CSS file? Dude I'm lost!
It's basics which you need to read through anyways :)
Start with the manual and read tutorials online like on this website!