PDA

View Full Version : built in media player

zig
01-03-2006, 07:14 AM
I have a small windows media player built into my web page. I only use Dreamweaver MX. I am trying to play a .mpg file that is about 40MB and I cann't figure out how. I think that the size is a problem. I just got a new web service provider and they use CPanel. The .mpg file is loaded on the server with all my other files. I'm not sure of my options, if it could be streamed video (which alot of hosts don't allow) or downloaded in chunks and then played on the small built in WMV player.

Just to let you know I tested the video on multiple computers and multiple browsers, none of them work. So the computer or browser is not the problem.

I have also contacted my web host and they are not helping. So please don't tell me to contact them.

Creative Insanity
01-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Place it in a swf file and stream it like that and if your hoster does not allow that kind of streaming then change hosters, they are a dime a dozen these days.

zig
01-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks CI,

Before I start messing around with a new converter, I'm gonna work a little while longer to see how I can configure it properly. I'm sure it's something I did. I'm gonna go find some more stuff to read.

If anyone else has suggestions please let me know.

p.s. I just tried to run a 5 KB mp3 and it didn't work either.

domedia
01-03-2006, 02:46 PM
I have also contacted my web host and they are not helping. So please don't tell me to contact them.
I won't tell you to contact them, but I will advice you to change host.. :)
They're selling a service and it's obviously not working for you.

zig
01-04-2006, 12:10 PM
I just needed to redo the following to fix the problem.

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledg...cfm?id=tn_15777 ('http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15777') B)

Creative Insanity
01-04-2006, 08:33 PM
so all fixed now?

zig
01-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Well, It works but I am not happy with the preformance. When you log on to the site it starts downloading automatically. This takes up my bandwith. I would like for it to only start downloading when the visitor pushes the play button.

:blink:

Creative Insanity
01-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Well add a stop action to the begining of the movie and add the play button to go to the start frame, like frame 2.