PDA

View Full Version : Blog on my site

cpjfoto
12-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey all, I'm working on a site for my business, which is a service based business. I would like to set up a blog or message board so that people can share their expierences and ask questions much like this site. Where should I start? any suggestions would be helpfull. Thanks

Creative Insanity
12-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Plenty of free blogs and forum packages on the net. Don't make it and save the workload as many free blogs are really easy to customise as there is not that much to them really.
Just use your favorite search engine and search for blog script.

domedia
12-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Or if you want to build it yourself, using dreamweaver:
Building a Blog with Dreamweaver, PHP, and MySQL:
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweav.../php_blog1.html ('http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/php_blog1.html')

Creative Insanity
12-30-2005, 12:17 AM
That blog looks awesome dom, I am gunna have a crack at that myself.. only cause I am bored today.

I strongly recommend that everyone does this tutorial as it will teach you many things about using dreamweaver no matter what version.
I done this with DW8 and it even showed me a few tricks.

This tut has showen me that I have been using Dreamweaver for all those years (since the UltraDev days) the wrong way. I only wish I had a tut like that to access when I learnt. I cannot stress enough on how much this tut can show you, and at the end of all this important info you will have an end result. Your very own blog system.
If you want to see what I created then just ask and I will place it online for a short time.

Creative Insanity
01-02-2006, 01:43 AM
As you go through this tut it is very cool until you hit the forth section (user comments) as you hit a brick wall as the version of extension he uses is no longer avalible and the current one IS WAY differant from what he uses and, well I just got completely lost with what to do and got soo many errors from DW.
Pitty the tut for that section was not updated once the new version of the extension came out. As it is now it makes it way too confusing for a tut for beginners (as it is ment to be).

domedia
01-03-2006, 03:05 PM
You should email him and tell him ;)
Maybe he'll update it and *cough* maybe he'll even come in here to help :-D

Creative Insanity
01-03-2006, 07:40 PM
I added some feedback dom.
Just hope he reads the feedback that's all.